In recent years, the quest for the perfect posterior has led many individuals to explore non-surgical alternatives for buttock augmentation. One such option that has gained popularity is buttocks fillers, a minimally invasive procedure that enhances the shape and size of the buttocks without the need for surgery. If you're considering buttock fillers, it's crucial to be well-informed about the procedure, its benefits, risks, and what to expect. This comprehensive guide will provide you with all the essential information you need to know.
What Are Buttocks Fillers?
Buttocks fillers, also known as butt injections or buttock augmentation with dermal fillers, involve the injection of specialised fillers into the buttocks to enhance their volume, shape, and contour. These fillers are typically composed of substances like hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxyapatite, or poly-L-lactic acid.
Advantages of Buttocks Fillers
Buttocks fillers offer a non-surgical alternative to traditional butt augmentation procedures, such as implants or fat grafting.
Recovery time is generally shorter compared to surgery, and most patients can return to their regular activities within a few days.
The amount and placement of filler can be customised to achieve the desired shape and size of the buttocks.
Most butt filler options are temporary, allowing patients to assess the results and decide if they wish to continue with the treatment.
Types of Buttocks Fillers
Several types of dermal fillers can be used for buttock augmentation:
- Hyaluronic Acid Fillers: These fillers are known for their hydration and plumping properties.
- Calcium Hydroxyapatite (CaHA): CaHA fillers stimulate collagen production, offering gradual and long-lasting results.
- Poly-L-Lactic Acid (PLLA): PLLA stimulates collagen production over time, resulting in a subtle and natural-looking augmentation.
The Procedure: What to Expect
The buttock filler procedure typically involves the following steps:
- Consultation: Your journey begins with a consultation with a qualified and experienced practitioner. During this appointment, you'll discuss your goals, medical history, and any questions or concerns you may have.
- Treatment Plan: Your practitioner will create a personalised treatment plan, outlining the type and amount of filler required to achieve your desired results.
- Preparation: Before the procedure, the treatment area will be cleaned, and a topical anaesthetic may be applied to minimise discomfort.
- Injection: The filler will be injected into specific areas of the buttocks, often using a cannula or fine needle.
- Assessment: Your practitioner will assess the results and may make additional injections if needed to achieve the desired contour.
- Recovery: After the procedure, you may experience mild swelling, bruising, and discomfort. These side effects are generally temporary and subside within a few days to a week.
Results and Maintenance of Buttocks Fillers
The results of buttock fillers are visible immediately, though they may evolve as the filler settles and stimulates collagen production. Depending on the type of filler used, results can last anywhere from several months to a couple of years. Maintenance may involve follow-up treatments to maintain or enhance the results.
Buttocks Fillers at EF Medispa
At EF MEDISPA, we aim to provide the most effective and innovative body injectable treatments including buttocks fillers. Our highly experienced medical team will be on hand to ensure you feel comfortable during and after treatment and they will monitor your progress with review appointments. Book a consultation with us today to discuss your options.