ESSENTIAL PREP FOR A LONG WEEKEND AWAY As much as I love a good two-week holiday, work and family commitments mean that it’s an indulgence I sometimes have to forego. Yet with the longer, lighter days of summer finally having arrived, taking a long weekend jaunt can feel (almost!) like a proper, relaxing holiday. So when time is off the essence and you want to prep your skin and body, put these five things on your beauty shopping list. Then simply hop in the car...
- For sun resilience: While SPF is always essential to protect skin from the damage inflicted by UV rays, there is something you can do to build its resilience to the effects of the sun even before you travel. Skinceuticals C E Ferulic is a potent vitamin C serum that not only firms and brightens a dull complexion, but will also prepare it to be more resistant to sun damage.
- For a subtle glow: Long weekends away don’t require a mahogany tan – but taking the edge of pale, winter skin always makes everyone look and feel better. I love to prep my skin with the Sunescape Tinted Body Lotion – an illuminating cream infused with a hint of shimmer that delivers an instant, subtle glow.
- For glossy hair: Redken is one of the best brands around when it comes to getting results on all hair types. After colouring my hair, I rely on the Diamond Oil range to add shine to bounce the light when the sun shines.
- For perky peepers: There’s nothing worse than looking back at pictures of your long weekend away and simply thinking how tired you look. Get smoother, firmer, more crease-free eyes with Redara – the latest “micro-chanelling” patches. Each one is coated in teeny-tiny, painless needles that help the hyaluronic acid imbued within the patches to penetrate deeper into the skin and provide maximum, plumping hydration.
- For chic nails: While I love a lovely bright nail polish, the abundance of ultra chic, nude nails on the catwalks this season has really inspired me to go for something more pared back. So get an immaculate manicure and add a sophisticated pale pink, mauve or peach. Less is definitely more when it comes to nails this season.