In recent years, there has been an increasing demand for non-surgical facial rejuvenation treatments, and injectable fillers have become a popular choice among individuals looking to enhance their appearance without undergoing surgery. One of the latest innovations in this field is Profhilo, a hyaluronic acid-based injectable treatment that promises to deliver a more youthful, lifted, and hydrated look to the face.
What is Profhilo?
Profhilo is a patented injectable treatment that is designed to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin in the skin, resulting in a more youthful and hydrated appearance. It is composed of high-quality, pure hyaluronic acid, which is a substance that naturally occurs in the body and is responsible for maintaining skin hydration and elasticity.
Unlike traditional dermal fillers, which aim to restore volume to specific areas of the face, Profhilo is a bio-remodelling treatment that is injected into five points on each side of the face, triggering a natural regenerative process in the skin. It is often referred to as a "liquid facelift" or a "bio-stimulation treatment" due to its ability to improve the overall quality of the skin without the need for surgery.
What Areas and Concerns Can Profhilo Treat?
Profhilo is a versatile injectable treatment that can address a range of skin concerns across different areas of the face and neck. It is particularly effective at treating the early signs of ageing, such as fine lines and wrinkles, as well as providing an overall skin rejuvenation effect. Some of the areas and concerns that can be addressed with Profhilo include:
- Cheeks: Profhilo can restore volume to the cheeks and enhance their natural contour, resulting in a more youthful appearance.
- Jowls: Profhilo can help to lift sagging jowls, improving the definition of the jawline.
- Neck: Profhilo can improve skin laxity on the neck, reducing the appearance of "neck bands" and creating a more defined jawline.
- Forehead: Profhilo can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the forehead, resulting in smoother skin.
- Eye area: Profhilo can reduce the appearance of dark circles, fine lines, and wrinkles, and improve skin texture and hydration around the eyes.
What Happens at a Profhilo Treatment?
A typical Profhilo treatment usually takes around 30 minutes to complete and involves several steps:
- Consultation: Your practitioner will first carry out a consultation to assess your skin and discuss your concerns, goals, and medical history to determine whether Profhilo is suitable for you.
- Marking the injection points: The practitioner will mark the five injection points on each side of your face or neck that are best suited for your needs.
- Administration of Profhilo: The practitioner will then inject Profhilo into the marked points using a very fine needle. The injection process is relatively painless, and no local anaesthesia is required.
- Post-treatment massage: After the injection, the practitioner may massage the treatment area to ensure the product is evenly distributed.
- Post-treatment care: Your practitioner will advise you on how to take care of your skin after the treatment. This may include avoiding makeup or other skincare products for a few hours and avoiding exposure to direct sunlight and heat for a few days.
What Results Will Profhilo Achieve?
Unlike traditional dermal fillers, which require multiple sessions, Profhilo typically involves only two treatments spaced four weeks apart, with results becoming visible two to four weeks after the second treatment. The effects of Profhilo usually last for around six months to a year, and maintenance treatments are recommended every six to twelve months to maintain the results.
Profhilo At EF MEDISPA
For the best results, it is advised you go to a reputable medispa or treatment centre for your Profhilo treatment. At EF MEDISPA, we offer only the best in injectables. Our Profhilo treatment is designed to tackle any facial and neck skin concerns you may have. If you’re looking to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles long-term, EF MEDISPA can help. Book a consultation with one of our specialists today.