Do Fat Freezing Treatments Really Work?
For centuries, it has been widely accepted that the most effective approach to weight loss involves modifying your diet and increasing physical activity. So, when a procedure such as fat freezing comes along that promises to aid faster weight reduction by freezing and eliminating fat cells, it is understandable to be sceptical.
That’s why many people have been asking the same question: do fat freezing treatments really work?
It’s important to point out that fat freezing isn’t a magic weight loss elixir, but there is data to support its use on the right person. So, read on to find out exactly what results can be expected from the treatment, and whether this treatment is right for you and your goals.
Firstly, how does fat freezing work?
There are various fat freezing treatments available, but most of them involve using a suction cup to target stubborn fat in specific areas. This suction cup applies cooling energy between +5°C and −5°C, which goes deep into the skin to reach the fat cells. As a result, the fat cells start to freeze and eventually die off through a process called apoptosis.
When the fat cells are cooled down, they crystallize and are naturally eliminated from the body, helping you achieve a slimmer silhouette.
What results can be expected from fat freezing?
A systematic review published in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal analysed 19 studies on fat freezing (Cryolipolysis) and found that the procedure was effective in reducing subcutaneous fat with a high patient satisfaction rate and minimal side effects.
On average, after a fat freezing treatment, the body will remove the frozen and broken-down fat tissues within 4–6 months. This procedure will also deliver lasting results.
What can affect the success of fat freezing treatments?
Although studies have shown the treatment to be effective in most cases, it's important to note that the procedure may not yield the same results for everyone. It tends to be most effective for individuals who are close to their ideal body weight and have pinchable fat in specific areas.
It's worth mentioning that lifestyle and other factors can also impact the results.
For example, if a person continues to maintain an unhealthy diet and leads a sedentary lifestyle while undergoing fat freezing treatment, they can anticipate a less significant fat reduction.
Fat freezing should not be viewed as a weight-loss treatment or a miraculous solution for an unhealthy lifestyle.
Who should NOT undergo fat freezing treatments?
Fat freezing treatments may not be suitable for everyone. The following individuals are typically advised to avoid or consult with a healthcare professional before undergoing fat freezing treatments:
- A 2020 review notes that people with cold-induced conditions such as Raynaud’s disease and skin disorders should not undergo the procedure.
- People with skin conditions, such as dermatitis, eczema, or open wounds in the treatment area, should avoid fat freezing treatments as they can cause complications or delay the healing process.
- Individuals with weakened immune systems or autoimmune disorders may be more susceptible to adverse effects and should consult with a healthcare professional before considering fat freezing treatments.
- Fat freezing treatments should be avoided in areas where there are implanted medical devices, such as pacemakers, as the cooling process may interfere with the functionality of these devices.
It is important to consult with a qualified healthcare professional or a dermatologist who can assess your individual circumstances, medical history, and any potential contraindications before undergoing fat freezing treatments.
Fat freezing treatments at EF MEDISPA
At EF MEDISPA, our best fat freezing treatment is designed to benefit each customer on an individual basis. We take the time to listen to your concerns and needs before putting a treatment plan together to help you achieve your desired results.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach. Our experts will create a bespoke course of treatment just for you.
- Our expert team have over 10 years of experience, helping our customers reach their beauty goals with fat freezing.
- Our clinics offer a relaxing and friendly, yet sterile and professional environment for you to receive the most innovative treatments in the beauty industry.
- Clatuu is our choice of fat freezing. It's South Korea's #1 fat freezing treatment. We are among the very few that use it in the UK. It enables us to freeze fat cells 30% faster than other devices. It also has dual applicators, which means the client can target more than one area at a time.
- We pride ourselves on hiring only highly experienced medical professionals, who can expertly carry out our Clatuu fat freezing and advise our clients on the next steps.
- We have a range of client testimonials for you to read online. EF MEDISPA is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars on average across all clinics in London. We take great pride in helping our clients overcome their body concerns.