Esther's April Updates
ESTHER’S GUIDE TO SPRING-CLEANING YOUR SKIN
April is here – and so is spring. And as the seasonal of new beginnings, it’s the perfect time to rev up your skincare regimen – and see dramatic results. For me, great skincare is all about achieving a result that means you don’t have to wear foundation. So with that in mind, here’s my top 5 ways to spring clean you skin and get a smoother, plumper, more gravity-resilient complexion before summer arrives...
- The 3D Lift from Ultraformer: It tightens, it lifts, it smoothes! Our high intensity ultrasound treatment boasts impressive multi-tasking capabilities. By working on muscles, the middle layer of collagen and more superficial wrinkles, it brings about immediate lifting and tightening that continues to get better over the course of several treatments, spaced four to six weeks apart. Great for the jaw line, neck and cheeks – as well as the stomach and thighs.
- Microfirm: For busy ladies on the run, there’s no better and speedier way to spring-clean that skin that with our combination of micro-needling and Radiofrequency. Reducing both downtime and the length of the treatment itself, it boosts collagen and elastin production – tightening and smoothing in double quick time. Try it on your face – then see results so fabulous, you’ll want to treat your arms, chest and stomach to the same tightening miracle too.
- Skin-refreshers: After a long, dark winter, sometimes the skin needs a little brightening lift. EF MEDISPA clinics have a range of peels – from our gentle, antioxidant-rich Blueberry Smoothie treatment, to our more intense Depigmentation Peel – that we tailor to your needs to get maximum, spring-cleaning results.
- The acne-buster: When spring hits and the weather changes, our skin can often react with breakouts. Which is why we launched Acnelan: A peel that removes excess oil and impurities, refines the skin texture, reduces inflammation and works to re-balance skin and put paid to acne.
- Homework: Even with the most miraculous of treatments, no skincare regimen would be complete without an effective home routine. For skin spring-cleaning with rapidly visible results, I like to combine enzyme exfoliation with a deeply hydrating and plumping hyaluronic acid serum. Try CosMedix Pure Enzymes and DermaQuest’s Hyaluronic Acid – my two heroes to see you and your skin through spring!
- For morning peace: To start the day away from the hustle and bustle of city life, I love to venture down to Hyde Park’s Lido Café to sit and read the papers or simply watch the world go by.
- For a lovely lunch: Opening next month, top of my ‘must visit’ list is the Astor Grill at Cliveden. Situated in an old stable block, it will have an appropriately equestrian theme and serve up British and American classics under head chef, Andre Garrett. Think scallops, shrimps, burgers and veal – all washed down with some scrummy Raspberry Jam Soufflé or Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Mousse.
- For a night on the town: The Ivy Marylebone. Having already fallen in love with the King’s Road branch – which happily sits within a stone’s throw of our EF Chelsea clinic – I’m now keen to try out the new Marylebone venue. As well as being ideally situated near Oxford Street and Marylebone High Street for shopping, the Ivy always has a fantastic atmosphere – and incredible cocktails!
- For a weekend walk: Nothing beats London in the sunshine. For a relaxed stroll in one of the many parks, I’ll grab a mocha from Ottolenghi en route (the best mocha in town!) and while away time taking in the fresh air.
- For Sunday roast: There’s nothing like a good old-fashioned roast in a good old-fashioned London pub. Top of my hit list is the Ladbroke Arms in Notting Hill. Great food, great atmosphere – what more could you want?!
- Go alkaline: Experts in Monaco returned to and updated the idea that the key to growing old healthily and gracefully is to maintain an alkaline environment within the body. For this, I simply take Chris James’ Gorgeous Greens supplement each day.
- Fast track your nutrient intake: When the stresses and strains of our busy modern lifestyles threaten to compromise our internal health and external well being, a vitamin infusion delivered by a drip is a fast-acting, effective way to give your body a boost. Our Drip & Chill lounges – now also available in the high-flying, fast-living City – can help do everything from increasing libido to assisting with weight loss and giving you more energy.
- Sniff stem cells: Stem cells have been the focus of medical and anti-aging research for years. Now, amazing as it sounds, I’ve discovered a new stem cell spray that you shoot up your nose! The aim is to support and boost your own stem cells – but the jury is still very much out as to whether it actually works. I’m currently putting it through its paces – so watch this space.
- Tailor-make your own supplement plan: I’m a big believer in the power of supplements being able to support a healthy lifestyle if they’ve been approved by your Doctor. At the moment, I’m taking circumin – a close relation of turmeric – which is both an anti-inflammatory and believed to help ward off Alzheimer’s. In addition to that, I take huge does of vitamin C, B vitamins, zinc and lots of omega essential fatty acids. I think I might actually rattle!
- Have a body blast: So much for the inside – now what about the outside? Well, with the pick of EF’s invasive and non-invasive treatments at my disposal, I really am spoilt for choice. And as summer is on it’s way and I’ve got new swimming cozzies to show off, a bit of Lipotripsy to keep cellulite at bay, some laser hair removal to get me fuzz-free and some radiofrequency to keep me toned and taught are top of my list right now!