Are you concerned about the shape or appearance of your nose but reluctant to undergo a surgical procedure to attain your desired look? If so, a non-surgical nose job, also referred to as a Liquid Rhinoplasty, could be the ideal solution for you!
Initially introduced as a non-invasive option to address minor imperfections, liquid rhinoplasty has gained remarkable popularity due to its minimally invasive nature and impressive results. This innovative technique involves the strategic use of dermal fillers to reshape and refine the nose without the need for incisions, anaesthesia, or extensive downtime.
If you are considering a non-surgical nose job, read on to discover all you need to know about the procedure –Including recovery, expected results, and more.
Who are non-surgical nose jobs suitable for?
Non-surgical nose jobs are suitable for individuals who seek subtle enhancements to the appearance of their nose without the commitment and risks associated with surgical procedures.
This option is ideal for those looking to address minor imperfections such as bumps, asymmetry, or a drooping tip. It's important to note that non-surgical nose jobs may not be suitable for you if you have more complex nasal issues or are seeking significant structural changes. Consulting with a qualified medical professional can help determine if this procedure aligns with your goals and individual circumstances.
What happens during a non-surgical nose job procedure?
During a non-surgical nose job procedure, a qualified medical professional strategically injects dermal fillers into specific areas of the nose to achieve the desired cosmetic outcome. These fillers, often composed of hyaluronic acid, are carefully placed to smooth out bumps, reshape the nasal profile, or lift the tip, depending on your goals.
The procedure typically begins with a thorough assessment of your nasal anatomy and desired changes. Once a plan is established, the practitioner will cleanse the treatment area and apply a numbing cream to ensure comfort. The dermal filler is then injected using fine needles or cannulas, with the practitioner moulding and shaping the filler as needed to achieve the desired result.
How long does the procedure take, and what is the recovery like?
The process usually takes around 30-45 minutes to complete, and there is minimal to no downtime afterwards. Usually, you will be able to resume daily activities shortly after the procedure.
How much do non-surgical nose jobs cost?
Non-surgical nose jobs are a cheaper and more readily available option compared to surgical rhinoplasty. Prices vary between clinics, but usually, in the UK, non-surgical rhinoplasties cost between £300 and £500 – a much more affordable option for those who don’t have thousands to spend.
How long do the results usually last?
It's important to note that while non-surgical nose jobs offer noticeable results, they are temporary, with the effects typically lasting several months to a year, depending on the type of filler used and individual factors. For ongoing results, maintenance sessions are usually required.
Is liquid rhinoplasty safe?
Because hyaluronic acid is a substance already present in the body, the chances of adverse reactions or complications from a non-surgical rhinoplasty are significantly minimised. Over time, the body gradually metabolises and breaks down the filler, allowing it to naturally fade away without causing any long-term damage or complications – making it a much safer procedure compared to surgery.
Are non-surgical nose jobs painful?
Non-surgical nose jobs typically involve minimal discomfort. Numbing creams are often applied before the procedure to minimise any pain during the injections. While you might feel a slight pressure or pinching sensation as the filler is injected, it is generally well-tolerated by most individuals. If you have concerns about pain or discomfort, discussing them with your medical professional beforehand can help ensure your comfort during the procedure.
What are the side effects and risks of non-surgical rhinoplasty?
Non-surgical nose jobs, while generally considered safe, carry certain potential side effects and risks that you should be aware of before undergoing the procedure. It's crucial to discuss these with a qualified medical professional during the consultation process. Some of the potential side effects and risks include:
- Bruising and Swelling: After the procedure, some patients may experience bruising, swelling, or redness at the injection sites. These effects are usually temporary and subside within a few days to a week.
- Discomfort or Pain: While numbing creams are often applied before the procedure to minimize discomfort, some individuals may still experience mild pain or discomfort during the injection process.
- Asymmetry: Achieving perfect symmetry with fillers can be challenging. In some cases, there may be slight asymmetry in the results, requiring touch-ups or adjustments.
- Allergic Reactions: Though rare, allergic reactions to dermal fillers, including hyaluronic acid-based fillers, can occur. It's important to inform the medical professional about any allergies or sensitivities before the procedure.
- Infection: Any procedure that involves injections carries a minimal risk of infection at the injection sites. Proper sterile technique and aftercare can help minimize this risk.
- Vascular Complications: In rare cases, injections can inadvertently affect blood vessels, potentially leading to skin discolouration or more serious complications. This risk is minimized when the procedure is performed by a skilled and experienced practitioner.
- Migration or Lumps: Improper injection technique can lead to filler migration or the formation of lumps beneath the skin. Seeking treatment from a qualified and experienced injector can help reduce this risk.
- Overfilling or Underfilling: The precise amount of filler required to achieve the desired result can vary from person to person. There is a risk of either overfilling or underfilling the treated area, affecting the outcome.
To minimise risks and ensure a positive outcome, you should seek treatment from a qualified and experienced medical professional who can thoroughly assess your suitability for the procedure and provide you with personalised advice and care.
Safe and trusted liquid rhinoplasty at EF MEDISPA
If you have decided a non-surgical rhinoplasty is best for you, it is very important that you feel certain and are wholly confident in your choice of clinic and practitioner. At EF MEDISPA, we can help you experience nose reshaping in our safe and welcoming environment. Our main priority is your safety and your comfort, as well as your peace of mind from expert treatment. We only employ highly experienced, expert doctors to perform lip injection treatments at our clinics. This helps us provide patients with the best lip filler results.
From the initial consultation and meeting with your designated doctor, right up until your next top-up appointment, our team of medical professionals are here to support you. We’ll answer any questions or queries you may have whilst we monitor your results and your progress with your brand-new nose fillers. We hold regular review appointments with you to make sure you are on track and achieving the look you desire. The whole team here at EF MEDISPA is fully committed to achieving the very best and most natural-looking results. Book a consultation with us today.